Human Rights Day
Take part in Human Rights Day throughout the month by organizing a fundraiser to benefit the children affected by Typhoon Haiyan.Learn More
December 1 was World AIDS Day. Around the world HIV/AIDS adversely affects the lives of millions of people, especially children. Visit our HIV/AIDS topic for resources to raise awareness about the global pandemic, and to learn what UNICEF is doing to help.Explore
The month of December brings thoughts of peace and joy. If you are an early childhood educator, consider making peace your focus in class with our unit titled “Peaceful Communities for All.”Explore
What is TeachUNICEF?
TeachUNICEF is a portfolio of global education teacher resources designed and collected by the U.S. Fund for UNICEF’s Education Department for teachers, afterschool instructors, and parents. The units, lesson plans, stories, videos and multimedia cover topics ranging from the Millennium Development Goals to poverty and water and sanitation. read more
New and Noteworthy
- Learn how UNICEF is helping children in the Philippines and how you can show your support
- FieldNotes blog: How Do I Volunteer to Help the Philippines After Haiyan?
- Have a school fundraiser to support UNICEF's response to Typhoon Haiyan
- Featured Topic: Peace Education
- Photo of the Month
- New Interactive Children and AIDS Stocktaking Report
- Featured Quote: "The videos are excellent, the podcasts and stories will prove invaluable to teachers and students as they seek current and relevant resources to further their understanding of sanitation, water, the plight of children and what is being done to offer equity of access to all resources." - Workshop Participant, High School Educator